Here are a list of thyroid educational tools to discover your own pathway to health and wellness!
Don’t forget to check out and subscribe to my latest cooking and clean living videos.
- Food Allergy Survival Guide: Surviving and Thriving with Food Allergies and Sensitivities by Vesanto Melina, RD, Jo Stephaniak, and Dina Aronson, RD
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis: Lifestyle Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause by Izabella Wentz, PharmD
- Gluten Free, Hassle Free, Second Edition: A Simple, Sane, Dietitian-Approved Program For Eating Your Way Back to Health by Marlissa Brown, RD
- Celiac Disease, Second Edition: A Guide to Living with Gluten Intolerance
- The Wahl’s Protocol by Dr Terry Wahls -A great read about this Doctor’s version of an autoimmune diet to heal MS. There are some nice smoothie ideas in the cookbook.
- The Autoimmune Solution by Dr. Amy Meyers
- Hashimoto’s Triggers by David Osansky: This is by far one of the best books on Hashimoto’s out there.
- Underground Wellness by Sean Croxton
- SIBO Doctor podcast
- Primal Diet – Modern Health podcast
- Designs for Health Educational podcasts (a supplement company, but episodes can be insightful)
- Wellness Mama
- Bulletproof Radio
- Dr. Ruscio Radio
- Vegetable Spiralizer for making vegetable “noodles”
- Water filter to get rid of any possible toxins! At least get a basic water filter is you are on a budget like the PUR filter. This one is a step up from the PUR and does filter flouride. Most swear by their Berkey filter that gets rid of flouride (an endocrine disruptor). I just have not had the space or budget for one yet! I am looking into the smaller, travel-sized one for my RV travels!
- We love our Instant Pot replica: we have a Walmart brand since we got a ridiculous deal on it. So far, so good. If it malfunctions, I suppose we will switch to the Instant Pot.
- Looking for a plastic-free way to make coffee, and not use tons of plastic k-cups? I love my pour-over coffee. This is a ceramic pour over coffee method that makes a tasty cup of coffee! Boil water and pour over. Everyone seems to also swear by this glass pour-over coffee maker by Chemex, but I am so worried it would break.
- Autoimmune Strong online workouts: https://www.getautoimmunestrong.com/
- Aaptiv is a workout app where you can set your goals to “reduce stress”, for example, and the app with give you custom workouts you can do at home. They also do audio-only workout instructions so you are not constantly having to look at your phone.
Toxin overload may contibute to a sluggish thyroid. Check your products that you use daily, and consider a swap!
- Flouride free toothpaste!! Tom’s is my absolute favorite.
- Native deodorant is the only natural deodorant that has worked for me. I love the seasonal scents, and feel much more comfortable having ditched aluminum in my deordorant. Native has given me a 10% off order code to pass on: Health10
- Glass water bottle by Lifefactory to get rid of plastics! I have used this brand for years and years and no breaks!
- I also love my vacuum sealed Takeya insulated tumbler for home. I finally gave in to the trend and bought one, but I have to say I love it and it has improved my hydration since it keeps things icy cold (and no condensation).
- I love my little battery operated essential oil diffuser for small spaces like the bathroom, closet, or car! It is super inexpensive and a great way to infuse the air with clean, non-toxic scents. Since it is tiny, it can only be used in small spaces to be able to smell it.
- Many lipticks can be full of toxic chemicals. Pretty much the only thing I use these days is the Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm. It is extremely moisturizing and has a nice natural, but noticeable color which I love.
- Both my baby girl and I love to use this Shea Moisture Body Wash. It is extremely moisturizing and smells heavenly. You can even buy it at Target! It is one of the only products that helps baby girl avoid dry skin.
- When I want my laundry to smell amazingly fresh, I use this naturally scented fabric softener by Seventh Generation. The smell (lavender eucalyptus) is strong (in a good way!) for when I want the whole room to smell nice after washing. I can feel good about using it since it has less toxic chemicals.
- I am also obsessed with these Grab Green Lavender Vanilla laundry detergent pods. They smell delightful. Grab Green is also one of the most highly rated eco-friendly and toxin-free laundry products! They make excellent dryer sheets as well. When I can’t find this brand, I like the Method laundry detergent pods in Beach Sage.
- I get many questions about what protein bar to choose for on-the-go. I tend to pick up RX Bars since they are gluten free, made from whole foods (only nuts, dates, egg white, spices–that’s it!!), contain no artificial fillers, and contain a good balance of protein/fat/carbohydrate.
- I have come to love these Bulletproof collagen protein bars. The texture is a little crumbly, and a little sticky, but the flavor is pretty good and nutrient break-down is great. I like the vanilla shortbread!
- Coconut wraps for a bread alternative. These contain turmeric!
- Sweet Leaf Stevia Drops are a great alternative to added sugar or splenda, and are convenient to carry with you on-the-go.
Best Foods to Buy Organic
- Dirty Dozen (per the Environmental Working Group) – this updates yearly
- Clean Fifteen (per the Environmental Working Group) – this updates yearly. Note: corn often is on the “clean fifteen” list, but is often genetically modified. I often recommend trying to purchase organic corn, or limiting corn intake.
Pesticide Free Honey
Find a Healthcare Professional
- Find a Registered Dietitian: Eatright.org You can use this website to search for a Dietitian by expertise as well.
- Find a practitioner at the Institute for Functional Medicine website. You can also find Dietitians using this website!
- Doctors that may be knowledgeable about alternative medications.
- ThyroidConnections.com by Dr. Datis Kharrazian
Affiliate links may be used and using these links helps to support the blog. All opinions are my own honest recommendations, and I receive a very small percentage of sales by others using the links.