I was looking to make a completely sinless cookie that is also gluten free. Tough idea, but I haven’t eaten cookies in forever since I have been avoiding wheat and cutting back on sugar as much as possible.
This “cookie” recipe does not make true cookies–they are definitely more of a health food cookie. Just letting you know so you don’t make these and expect a different final product!
I cooked them on a griddle pan so that the outside got crispy. You want to almost have a pancake cooking technique with these.
Grain Free Coconut Cookies
Makes about about 9 small cookies
- 1 scoop whey protein powder or similar
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk (just enough to moisten to cookie dough consistency)
- 2 tsp. stevia
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tsp. stevia + 2 tsp. sugar (for coating the “cookies”)
- Preheat a skillet and add 2 tsp. butter to allow to melt.
- Combine all ingredients (except the last 2 ingredients for cooking), and mix well. Form small 1/2-1 inch cookie shaped dough balls.
- Press the cookie dough balls into the hot skillet. Sprinkle with the stevia/sugar mixture. Flip after 2-3 minutes. Then, sprinkle with the stevia/sugar mixture again. Cook 5-7 more minutes until thoroughly heated throughout.
With this recipe, I like to experiment with consistencies and ingredients. You can add in different ingredients. For example, try cocoa powder for a little chocolate flavor! Or, how about some dried fruit?